Browse Items (12 total)

  • Collection: Central Avenue

1951 pg. 224 arvids red carpet.jpg
This advertisement was posted in Minot State Teacher's College 1951 yearbook. The image within the ad depicts the restaurant's theme and the kind of food that was served there.

arvid0001.jpg
Snapshot taken from Polk's Minot City Directory, 1954. Viewable is a list of different services offered in Minot during this period including some of the restaurants in town. This particular page was scanned to correlate with Arvid's Red Carpet…

Börje Arvid 2.jpg
Photograph of (Börje) Arvid Johnson in his Arvid's Red Carpet Restaurant in Downtown Minot, ND. His birth name was Börje but he was referred to more commonly by his middle name Arvid.
Submitted information by outside source: John Mogren

Börje Arvid1.jpg
Photo of (Börje) Arvid Johnson. He is seated at the left. The man to the right is unknown. Photograph taken inside of Arvid's Red Carpet Restaurant in Minot, ND. The restaurant was located at 20 B Central Avenue West. It was on the north side of…

Arvids Red Carpet.jpg
"I spoke with someone who remembered eating in this restaurant located near Central Avenue and Main Street. It was a buffet style dining establishment. They recalled it as having a Middle Eastern theme with the tables separated by colorful fabric…

Last Chance Bookstore.jpg
The Last Chance Bookstore was the last business to operate in the Flatiron Building. This photo was probably taken when the store closed in...

Flatiron Building Just Before Demolition.jpg
The Flatiron Building was shaped just as its name states; like a flatiron. The uniquely styled, triangular building was erected in 1914 and remained on Central Avenue West until its demolition in November of 2008. The city purchased the building in…

Flatiron Building.jpg
The property was originally purchased in 1902 for $2,000 by Thurlow T. Jacobson. A new investor, W. T Thurlow, paid $4,500 for lots 10-12 in 1913. The first building was constructed sometime around 1914. It ravaged in a fire in 1916. A firewall was…

The Lexington Hotel,.jpg
A postcard of The Lexington Hotel, later named the Grand Hotel. The hotel was built in 1906. It changed ownership and renamed the Grand Hotel in 1917.

Grand Hotel on Central Avenue West, 1937-38.jpg
The Grand Hotel was originally built in 1906 by Olaf A. Olson. Until 1917, the hotel was originally called the Lexington. The Grand Hotel consisted of four floors with 100 guest rooms occupying floors two through four. Over the course of five…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2