First home of the Normal School, now Minot Public Schools Administration Building
While the construction the Main building was still being completed in the fall 1913, the first session of Minot Normal School operated within space temporarily provided in the city's newly-built downtown Armory. The first school catalog stated that the library was located on the balcony of the Armory. Its contents came from a gift of 200 volumes by Huldah Winsted, the first librarian and geography instructor.
Former downtown library, currently the Carnegie Center for the Arts
Although the Armory was not designed to meet the needs of the new normal school, the first annual catalog was very appreciative of the location in “the central part of the residence section of the city.” Conveniently Minot's public Carnegie library was in close proximity and could provide additional rooms, books, and study areas for the time being.