The 1960s was one of the strongest decades in Beta Theta membership; it was afterall, the time of BabyBoomer influx.
The membership rule set in 1941 limiting the number of active Betas to 40 was revoked during the late 1950s. This made it possible for membership to explode by 1960; at one point, actives reached almost 100 members. In 1967, of 131 female seniors, 74 were active in a sorority.
The decade of the 1960s was also a time of social revolution in the United States. The Betas recognized a need for change, and opened their doors to more members and greater involvement. However, while many other campus organizations flirted with counterculture changes, the Betas chose to maintain tradition. The members continued to host formal tea parties and maintained formal attire. They continued to focus on the sorority's mission of friendship, fellowship, and scholarship.
In 1965, the Betas sponsored a girl in the Phillipines, and sent her family $15 a month to help with school and food expenses.
In 1965, the Betas were financially stable enough to lease a different and better house located much closer to campus. The house was located at 725 9th Ave NW, only one block from campus.